"The Euro in stormy times"
Otmar Issing brings together many attributes: “architect of the monetary union”, “father of the euro”, ordoliberal (“Ordnungspolitiker”), expert, admonisher. All of these ultimately stem from his essential role in paving the way for the European Monetary Union.
The book “Der Euro in stürmischen Zeiten” (“The Euro in stormy times”) compiles a selection of expert opinions and academic papers (in English and German) penned by Otmar Issing between 2006 and 2015. As it transpired, this decade during which Otmar Issing also served as president of the CFS largely revolved around the financial and sovereign debt crisis.
The testimonials published in the second part of the book bear witness to the significance of Otmar Issing’s character. These contributions come from people who have accompanied him during one stage or another of his stimulating career path and retained ties of friendship to this day.
Authors of the testimonials are:
· Prof. Dr. Leszek Balcerowicz
· Dr. Rolf-E. Breuer
· Prof. Mario Draghi, Ph.D.
· Prof. Martin Feldstein
· Prof. Dr. Vítor Gaspar
· Mervyn Allister King, Lord King of Lothbury
· Prof. Dr. Dr. h. c. Claus Köhler
· Prof. Dr. Hans-Jürgen Krupp
· Jacques de Larosière
· Dr. h. c. Edgar Meister
· Prof. Allan H. Meltzer, Ph.D.
· Prof. Dr. Mario Monti
· Prof. Lucas Papademos, Ph.D.
· em. Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Rüdiger Pohl
· Dr. Klaus Regling
· Dr. Wolfgang Schäuble, Federal Minister of Finance
· Prof. Dr. oec. publ. Dr. h.c. mult. Helmut Schlesinger
· Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Hans-Werner Sinn
· Prof. Dr. Axel A. Weber
· Dr. Jens Weidmann
· William R. White, Ph.D.
The book “Der Euro in stürmischen Zeiten” has been published by the publishing house Vahlen (ISBN 978-3-8006-5256-3) on the occasion of Otmar Issing’s 80th birthday.
Prises: book: €99, ebook €94,99.